Old Family Recipe for Carrot Cake

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010

At my grandmother's funeral my great Aunt brought her carrot cake. It was so good. It was the best carrot cake I have ever had. I looked online to see recipes because I didn't have hers and wasn't sure because I kept coming up with pineapple in the cakes. I love pineapple but I was sure there was none in her cake because I never tasted it but surprise there is pineapple in it. I got the recipe from my sister in law today. I am making this tonight. My sister in law said that my aunt freezes the cakes all the time too so my plan is to make a cake and freeze half. Here is the recipe and I will ad a picture later on today.

Big Bon’s Carrot Cake (this makes one 9 x 13 cake)

Preheat oven to 325 (bake 30-35 mins)
Makes 1 9x13 pan grease and use wax paper on bottom to easily remove it if you want
Sift together:
2 Cups Flour 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda 1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Add to dry ingredients:
1.5 Cups Oil 2 Cups sugar
4 eggs (beat in one egg at a time)

Lastly add:
2 Cup grated carrots
1 small can drained crushed pinapple
¾ Cup Nuts
(if doubling batch use one big can pineapple and drain/and squeeze out extra juice)

Frosting:
1 8oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

You can freeze this cake fully frosted.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008