Strawberry Cheesecake ...Yummo

>> Monday, August 10, 2009

I saw this recipe in the coupons this past Sunday for Strawberry Streusel Cheesecake and decided to give it a try. It was very easy to make and had a twist on the crust/streusel...they used Martha White muffin mix. Those little package muffin mixes you see in the baking aisle. Here is the recipe. It calls to use a spring foam pan but I couldn't find mine and my square pan worked fine.

Crust: Spray pan, 2 packages of Martha White Strawberry Muffin Mix and 6 T of cold butter.

Cut the butter into the muffin mix with fork or pastry blender until crumbles form. Remove 1 1/3 of mixture and put in fridge for the topping. Press the remaining mixture into pan and put in a pre-heated 350 oven for ten minutes.

Filling: 2 8oz cream cheese, 1/2 c sugar, 2 T all purpose flour, 1 egg, 1 t. vanilla

Using a hand mixer put room temp cream cheese and all other ingredients into a bowl and blend until creamy. Here is the hardest part of the recipe......keep your fingers out of the bowl, keep your tongue away from the mixture and don't lick the spoons or spatula....because this stuff tasted wonderful even before cooked!

Gentle put cream cheese mixture onto the top of the crust mixture. The crust mixture will move around if you try to spread it so just spoon it in and then lightly spread it on the top to disperse.



Topping: Spread 1 can strawberry topping on top of cheese cake and then Take the streusel topping and add 1/4 cup of walnuts (I used pecans...they were good) and gently spread over the top of the strawberries.

Put this into the oven for 40-45 mins. Do not over cook. I kept it in twice for 5 minutes each because I thought it needed more time and the crust came out a little hard and the cream cheese would have been creamier had I not added minutes. Trust the recipe guidelines. (it was still so good)

This was a richly, sweet dessert. I can see substituting graham cracker crusts if you wanted to tone it down a bit but I have to tell you I really liked this recipe and will make it again.

3 comments:

Denise August 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

It looks like there are strawberries in there...is that all from the muffin mix? I didn't see anywhere that you added them. It looks very good. I will have to try it.

Paula August 11, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

I fixed the recipe, thanks. Forgot the can of strawberries...

Unknown August 18, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

I made this for my family last night...it was extremely easy and inexpensive to make. Everyone loved it...it was truly a hit in our house!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008