Doggie update

>> Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We went to the vet for an exam. She was so funny on the way there she was happy lying on the seat wondering what was going on....then I parked in front of the vet's office and I swear to you all she jumped in my lap and physically started shaking like a leaf!

But I assured her we were only there for a bit. She got checked out and blood work done. Her blood work came back great and the liver is back to normal, which means the infections is gone or under control. (she still has meds left) The vet was happy with what she saw. The hole was a good size so it is taking awhile to heal and she scratches a bit but it is improving.

She has stopped following me all over the place, is eating and almost back to normal. She takes a few extra naps during the day where I can tell she is wiped out. I am very grateful that we were able to finally figure the fly bite/larva thing and get her on track to healing.

3 comments:

Jan Mader August 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

I'm so glad she's getting better. I've told other people about the story. Most people had never heard of it and were really glad to know so THANK YOU!

Anonymous August 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Paula, glad doggy is better, our problem now is fleas! We use Frontline, but it only lasts like a week, and I don't want to overdose my poor itchy little doggy!

Paula August 12, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Jan, I know it is hard to believe but has happened to her twice.

Marilyn, I feel for you, years ago we had a bad with fleas but I have never had a problem in the 9 years I have had my esikomos.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008