My Doggie update

>> Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yesterday my dog was well....sick as a dog. She was overly warm, looked like death and was spitting up water that she drank. We took her to the vet and the vet said it was something with her stomach. She had no fever, and they didn't know what was wrong with her. She is 8 yrs old and they said we could treat her with antibiotics and hope she gets well or be aggressive and do blood work and an xray of her stomach. I went for the first. Aggressive meant major bucks. But we all knew it was possible she had cancer of some sort. The next 24 hours were not fun. She got worse and everyone in the house was upset, and getting ready for the worst.

As the day wore on today she got worse and my daughter came home and noticed her jaw was very swollen. We also noticed a bite or open sore that looked infected. She had grubs get into her belly region once so we thought here we go again. Of course this is now almost midnight and she was really bad off, her temp was really high and we were very worried. The emergency vet said to bring her in because her temp worried them and if it was grubs they could kill her because they can make her go into shock if a toxin is released.

Well...no grubs. She has a cracked tooth way in the back and it abscessed in a strange way (as the vet said it abscessed in a way that almost never happens.) She got another shot for the inflammation and pain. She got some more antibiotics and she must have that tooth removed so a call to the vet Monday morning is in order. She will make it which is a huge relief to us all.

I am so glad she will be OK. I am so glad I didn't have them do the stomach xrays. It cost us $144 on Friday, $194 tonight and I am afraid to think what the tooth removal will cost us. But we will pay it because my sweet, precious, baby Snickers has been there for me when I had no one.

I know this is funny but I thought a lot about this last night. When my husband and I split for awhile and I felt like I had no one. Snick was there when I cried and cried. She was there when I ate for emotion, when I would not eat because of emotion. She licked me and snuggled with me when my daughter was out doing her teen thing, when I felt like I couldn't bother my friends and I just couldn't turn to family....I had Snick (or little baby as she is called). I thank God for her all the time and tonight I thanked God again for my little baby and her healing powers that always soothe me.

1 comments:

Denise July 26, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

I am so glad she is doing better and will be OK. I was worried when i got your email last night but it was too late to call. but you would have been up anyways. I know you love your puppies like children and I am just so relieved that she is doing better....

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008