Fruits of my labor...and veggies too

>> Monday, June 29, 2009

Look at my harvest....it is tonight's snack! My friend, Denise reminded me today to go look at the cauliflower and broccoli and I was surprised to find these. I didn't even see them yesterday. The Cauliflower is the size of my whole palm and the broccoli is the center of my palm. I had three sugar snap peas too but I ate two and Mike ate one. Those were yummy.

There are two blueberries and one raspberry. There are quite a few blueberries that are not ripe yet and I have never seen as many raspberries growing as I have this year.

My bean bushes are slow but growing. My tomatoes are about cherry size so far. The zucs have lots of blossoms but no growth yet. My peppers are not overly doing well. They are drowned out by the other plants. I have tons of lettuce and not using it. It is shameful.

2 comments:

Queenbuv3 June 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

I planted late so I am envious that you have anything edible already! My peppers are doing terrible and they were plants when I planted them. My landlords wife just gave me a strawberry plant that I planted 2 days ago that should have some ripe ones by the end of the week. No tomatoes, cukes, squash or beans yet. But they are growing so hopefully I will be eating out of the garden eventually.

Too bad I can't take the lettuce off your hands, I love salads!

Anonymous June 30, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Paula, quite impressive we'll have green beans soon, look for garden update.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008