2012

>> Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2012

Have any of you heard about 12/21/2012? My friend Denise text me today to ask me about this date?

This date is the end of the Mayan calendar. It is supposed to be the dooms day date, apocalypses and so on....

Do I believe this? Not necessarily, however having said that I do think we are in the end of days. What I mean by this is that the world is changing, the weather is changing, the way we live, economic times and much, much more is changing. So it is the end of times as we know it. Now does that mean that the Revelation is coming during my time on earth? I am not sure although I suspect it may be closer then ever before even if that mean hundreds of years from now.

The wars in our world, the hunger, the disease, and the weather are all concerns. Comets, ozone and the sun are all factors as well. Will we learn in time? Will we be able to stop, change or reverse the damage? I don't know. Will the north pole melt and flood? Probably but what does this mean for us?

There is a book out on this subject as well and I have been going back and forth over whether I should read it. You see I have an anxiety disorder and this type of stuff freaks me out. Having said that should we not prepare ourselves for our future? By this I mean should we not be prepared for normal everyday problems, blizzards, tornadoes, power outages and so on?

This I am interested in preparing for but I have to do it frugally. I have to do it space savor style. I also need to not get myself upset, over anxious and obsessive about it.

So who is interested in the 2012 book? Who is interested in starting a safety preparedness for your home? I really, really want to hear your thoughts. Interested, not interested, why or why not, what your thoughts on 2012 are, what you think about all of it.

3 comments:

Queenbuv3 June 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

After seeing how Katrina was handled and other disasters I stockpile in part to give our family a supply to live on if God forbid some disaster strikes and we are on our own. The climate is definately messed up as well as the economy and peoples ethics. I am only 36 and feel the world has changed so much for the worse since I was a kid and it wasn't that long ago. I think we need to change a lot about the way we live, treat each other and the earth. Hopefully it isn't too late : (

Anonymous June 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Not interested, what brought all this on Paula?

Paula June 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

There has been a lot of hype about the end of days 2012 is also a new movie coming out...it is the end of the mayan calendar too.

Denise and I are more interested in starting a 90 day home supply for small matters and not dooms day stuff. Wondered if anyone else had heard of this or what the thoughts were. I did get a book on 2012 but it isn't doom and gloom. It is more about how the earth changes every 5000 years and that is what the mayans meant when they ended the calendar. It is the cosmic change where we will be at the farest away from our galaxy then we have been in 5000 years. Anyway thats about it.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008