Spring Cleaning the "Green Way"

>> Saturday, April 25, 2009

I did a little cleaning today and ended up cleaning the kitchen floor when an unfortunate glass bottle of vinegar hit the floor. I only use homemade natural cleaners in my house. I have tried several 'natural' cleaners but to be honest homemade is cheaper, easier and nicer on the environment. I have some homemade cleaners on my site here but if you go here this site has some easy cleaner recipes. Thanks food storage made easy.

Using vinegar- Go here to see how many different ways you can use vinegar

Note vinegar is a natural disinfectant. You can safely use it on about anything. I use it top to bottom in my home. Keep in mind that the smell disappears quickly. I use it so much I associate it with clean like most people associate pine sol clean. When sickness hits my home I use it on all the door handles and light switches like most people use Lysol.


Using Baking Soda- Go here to see 75 ways for using baking soda

Baking soda has so many uses you can't believe it. I use it for the laundry, as a paste for heavy cleaning and sprinkle it in the house as a deodorizer for the carpets. Keep in mind that brands don't really matter for baking soda. Cheaper is fine.

Using Borax-

Go
here to see ways to use Borax. Did you know you can preserve flowers, kill ants and fleas with borax?

Soaps, I loved using castile soap. It is hard to find good old fashion castile soaps that are made with olive oil and nothing else. I have sensitive skin and this soap is a wonder for laundry soap, and using in the shower. I don't always use it but when I find it I go crazy with it, I like the liquid the best. Go here to see what castile soap is and some uses.


Super Washing soda- I use this in my homemade laundry soap and I am learning new ways to use this as well. Go here to see how to use washing soda.


Do you have a cleaning recipe you would like to share, a favorite website you use for environmental cleaners or a comment on using homemade cleaners? I would love to hear from my readers and everyone enjoyes learning new things.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008