Swine Flu

>> Monday, April 27, 2009

I know that a lot of us are very concerned about the swine flu. Please go here to get the latest information from the CDC. This information is the most up to date and can answer the questions you might have.

More times then not there is a 'pandemic' alert going around that we don't even know about so I hope everyone takes this seriously yet also doesn't get so anxious that they are not able to function because then you will make yourself sick.

The main thing we can all do is to wash your hands for 20 seconds UNDER RUNNING WATER. Take a lesson from your children, sing the birthday song, this takes about 20 seconds or longer.

Be hygienic, make sure to dispose of tissues, don't touch your face, nose, mouth, eyes, cover your mouth.

Don't panic but stock up on flu supplies like tissues, 7up, aspirin, and having a thermometer will help in determining how sick you are and whether you need to seek a physician.

Being a social worker I have to go into other people's houses and I never know when I am going to run into a 'sick' house hold. Our Department nurse sent us the above link to CDC and I keep a packet of Handy wipes and hand sanitizer in my car at all times. I wipe my hands before I go in so I don't spread germs and I wipe it when I come out so I don't bring them home.

Be safe, and be well.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008