Walgreen's trip today

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

I did go to Walgreen's before work this morning and I did the dove soap thing that everyone has been talking about. If you purchase 8 single dove soaps (1.59 ea) you can use the in ad coupon .99 for three of them you pay out $8. (can't remember change) and you get a $10 register rewards back making over a $2 profit. This can be done with the trail size dove deodorants as well and if you have the dove deodorant 1.50 off two then that makes the deal even sweeter. Now having said this you if you read my blog often you know Walgreen's makes me so angry!

After going to the first store I stopped on the way home for some other needs which came to $14.87, I handed the cashier my $10 RR and a $5. She mistakenly took off $5 first (which everyone knows if you don't do the RR first it won't take). She tells her manager that the RR wont work and then she tell me that the $10 RR wont work because my amount is under $10. I calmly looked at her and said then re ring it and take off the 10 first and then use my 5 dollars. She told me she can't do that. Oh my I wanted to flip out. The manager calmly gave me my change and did something to the register that fixed the problem. She was acting like I had to pay her for her mistake. Walgreen's is a big pain but sometimes the prices are too good to pass up.

Tonight my hubby and I went out to dinner and a movie. We saw Paul Blart, Mall Cop. You were right Denise, it was so funny. The spring weather and the night out helped me take my mind off things for a while.

I am off to make the sourdough bread to rise over night. Will update everyone on that tomorrow morning. Hope it rises!!!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008