Dieting...to follow a plan or to develop your own?

>> Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dieting, life change, whatever you want to call it the new year is here and so is another start at changing bad habits. Every year at the beginning of the year, middle of the year, end of the year, I continue the need to change my bad habits, lose weight and get healthy.

I will be honest and say that I need to lose weight, lots of weight, but I really need to get healthy. I am a very unhealthy person. I feel icky for lack of a better word all the time. It doesn't help that I have depression and anxiety which gives me many, many physical aliments along with the normal stuff. I want more energy, I want to not ache, not feel icky and just get thru the day with more enjoyable energy. Too much to ask for? I think not. But this is something that I have to be honest about. It is me and my choices that give me the majority of my daily ills.

So do I follow an established diet or develop a plan of my own. If you follow a plan the work is done for you but it is also restrictive which I will suffer with right off the bat. I don't like to restricted. If I develop my own plan then I often stray to much. So I have to think about this one a bit more. I am thinking of combining a few plans that may suit my lifestyle a bit more. My plan is to begin on Jan. 6 with the biggest loser start. I love to watch that show and see them struggle and win out.

I am putting myself out there people...I mean I am even thinking of showing my picture and my actual weight which will make me accountable but it is also putting out my worst insecurities, my fears, my life to the world and that is more then scary to me but it may be what I need to give me the push I need.

What are your plans? Diets, life changes?

4 comments:

Denise December 28, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

You can do it Paula!! I know you can. I will help you any way I can. I am also starting a new healthy start the 1st of Jan. I want to lose those last few pounds....I want to be 25 down! We can do it together. Accountablilty is all me. I need that accountability to be successful. I am proud of you for taking this step. I love ya!

Paula December 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

Thank you. I know I always have you to rely on...for those that have not been reading me long...denise is my best freind and she lost a lot of weight over the past few years. She is a wealth of information, and suppport.

Lisa December 28, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

Paula!!

Good for you! I am thrilled that you are making your health a priority. Just take it one day at a time. If you are like me ( and I think we have lots in common) the weight did not go on at once so it will take time to reduce your size.

I will be watching and cheering you on!!

Lisa

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

Paula, you can do it, I too am planning on losing 40 lbs. 2 years ago I lost 90, and noe probably gained back 40, I am starting Jan 2nd, visit my blog, www.marilynsmoneyway.blogspot.com to follow along, we can do this together!Marilyn

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008