Chicks, Chicks.....Moving on up

>> Tuesday, April 20, 2010


















Sorry to have been MIA lately, besides being ultra busy with work, my daughter and I just got back from 6 days in Orlando, FL. It was a great trip minus some small obstacles and we are glad to be home and with our loved ones and animals again.

The chicks are turning into chickens! I couldn't believe how much they grew while we were away. So it was time to put them into the chicken coop my hubby got for me. The coop can be moved around and I will probably reposition it around the yard so the chickens can take advantage of the grass and fertilize the yard for me every week or so. The coop is not going to be big enough for them in the long run so we will put up a movable fence so them can "roam" within the fence during the day where it is safe.

Here is some pics of the coop. The chicks are hiding under the coop house. You will see where I stuck the lamp in where one of the windows are to keep it warm at time. The babies still need warmth during these cold nights.


3 comments:

Anonymous April 20, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

Paula, be careful, we live in Ohio and didn't put ours outside until much, much later!

Designer outdoor furniture April 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

what a concept????Saving tips

Paula April 21, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Thanks for the tip marilyn. I have two heat lamps on in there at night and I put a blanket over the top to trap the heat in. They were in the garage before so the temps are about the same..just more wind. My husband went out to check on them during the middle of the night and he said they were all all spread out some roosting, some sleeping and some up and eating and it was 35 here last night so they must have been comfortable enough. LOL. Thanks for advice though...I truly appreciate it. How is your garden coming for this year?

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008