A Sad Time

>> Wednesday, October 28, 2009


This is a sad time for my family. My husband's grandmother passed away this morning. She lived a very long life and had been in a nursing home and recently in the hospital. I am thankful my husband was able to take his dad up to see her on Monday so they both got to see her before she passed into the Lord's hands.

My father in law lives with us having had a stroke a year ago and has some dementia issues but not when connected to his mother. I had to tell him she passed this morning and it was hard to watch an 72 year old man cry for his mother. What are you to do?

As if this was not enough we are beginning the task of going through my father in laws house today and packing away what can be saved and junking what can not. We set up storage and have a huge roll off trash dispenser coming today. You see my father in law lived somewhat like a hoarder so there is an immense amount of crap to go through. In addition the house is in bad shape, falling apart and when we were over there last week we had to remove furniture because of growing mold. This task will fall to my husband and I because my brother in law has little to do with most of this and of course he is working while my husband is unemployed right now.

Last night we bought some moving supplies and I picked up some masks. I have severe allergies and the dust, cobwebs and mold makes being in that house pure hell on me. It hasn't been cleaned in all the years I have known my husband as far as dust goes. I sure you can picture it well.

We were to tell his father about the house today but now we just can't tell him to add to his burden. The house is falling in and it will have to be demolished. This is a sad time and a lot to handle, to do and deal with in a short period of time.

3 comments:

Anonymous October 28, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Paula, so sorry, my prayers and thoughts are with you, oh also, good luck on the house cleaning.

Denise October 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

So sorry to hear about eveything. Hugs to you my friend. And to Ron and Sam. How hard that must have been to tell Ron's dad this morning...Wow. It is never good to see a grown man cry. Especially one as old as he is. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and you know that when I get back if you need help going through that stuff just call. I will come do whatever needs to be done. Call me if you need anything. Love you!!

Lisa October 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Paula,
I am so sorry for your family, this is a difficult time to be sure. Hugs and prayers are coming your way.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008