Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies

>> Sunday, October 25, 2009

These cookies are really yummy. I bought the Taste of Home Holiday Magazine and it has tons of fun stuff to make in there. This looked really easy and quick so I though I would give it a try. If you like a short bread kinda taste then these are for you!

1 Cup Butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 Cup confectioner sugar (powered sugar)
1 cup (6 oz) choc. chips

That is it. Melt the butter and add the vanilla set aside to cool down. Mix the Sugar and flour together add cooled butter mixture and choc. chips. The mixture will be crumbly. Mine was slightly wet but crumbly within a few minutes of sitting out. Use a cookie scoop or teaspoons to get small balls place on ungreased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten. I found that if I just made a ball and flatten slightly in my palm it was easier then pressing them down because they stick. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 mins, edges should be getting slightly brown. Cool on wire rack. I just left mine to cool on sheet for a few minutes and these tasty little babies are good. The recipes says you can get 4 doz but I got no where near that so I must have made mine really big or the ones they made are super small. Let me know if these work out for you.

My camera ran out of batteries so I will post a picture tomorrow if they don't all disappear.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008