Right off the Blueberry Patch

>> Thursday, July 9, 2009

My friend Jodi and I went and picked some blueberries right off the bushes. They are huge, and really sweet. Tonight I made some blueberry bran muffins. I put the rest into some freezer bags for later. I have three bags of 4 cups and 2 bags of two cups. That gives me enough for a few pies/muffins or whatever I want. I may go pick some more but not sure. I have to be honest in that I have been more wasteful then not in freezing and using food items. So I might stick with what I have until I get a better system going.

Are you planning on picking and freezing any fruit this year? What about your gardens? I do plan on making spaghetti sauce and freezing some tomato sauce. I also will freeze zucs and probably some green beans if needed.

2 comments:

Katidids July 10, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

I went last year and made all kinds of Jam, forze some also fo salads...just drop a few in...trying to go this weekend!

frugal southern mom July 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

I have made some blueberry and peach jam, but looking for a good salsa recipe for canning. Do you have one?

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008