Lasagna Garden: Tomato

>> Thursday, July 30, 2009

My First Tomato from the Lasagna Garden. I have a few more that should be ready within a few days. My husband picked this and brought it into me. I told him today to stay out of my garden. LOL. He was is pretty proud of my little garden, I think. He hates tomatoes but he is going to love the sauces I make with these little beauties.

How are all your gardens going? Hopefully you are getting some good harvests and starting to prepare for the winter. I can't believe it is going to be August. Here in the Midwest it barely feels like summer since it has been so mild. I saw the weather map on the news tonight and the rest of the country is boiling. My heart goes out to you all that are trapped inside with the air eating up your bills. Here windows and doors stay open 24/7 for the wonderful air.

Doggie update: Snickers had surgery today and they found out it was not a tooth but the original reason I took her to the emergency vet Saturday night....she had bugs in her cheek. Yes flies bit her and laid eggs in there. Gross I know. It caused a very bad infection in her body. But it is taken care of now, her teeth got cleaned since she was under the antistatic, she is on more meds and is acting a little more like normal today. We will take another blood test in 10 days to check her liver though because it was not looking so well. The vet ended up discounting our bill. She called me and was very apologetic because she felt she should have looked herself on Monday and not just trusted the emergency vets diagnosis. My bill should have been $417 and was discounted to $257. Total vet bill about a grand. Just what the unemployed need right? Thanks for all your wonderful thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Jan Mader July 30, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

I'm glad the surgery is over and they found the cause of the problem. I've never heard about this in dogs before, but it happens to horses all the time. We pick fly eggs off their legs every summer so the same thing doesn't happen to them. It's good to know that it can happen to dogs too...just sorry it happened to Snickers!

You will all be in my prayers.

Paula July 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Thanks so much. This is actually the second time it has happened to her...bad luck for her.

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

So glad doggy is doing better. We picked a total of 2 tomatoes already, and today we froze geen beans.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008