Another Doggie update

>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I have been back and forth over my poor dog. Snickers is 8 1/2 yrs old. She got ill on Friday and we were not sure what was wrong. By Saturday night her temp was up and her face was swollen. The emergency Vet said it was an impacted/abscessed tooth. She has been on antibiotics since Friday with pain meds. Monday the Vet was going to do the surgery however her liver test didn't look good and they had to take a blood clotting test to see if her blood would clot because she has bruising all over. The test came back that her blood could clot. They scheduled the surgery for next week electing to let the meds start to work on the infection.

I called the vet back and talked to her about feeding my baby because she isn't eating much. The vet said she is concerned because she has never seen an impacted tooth like this before. I know she thinks that my baby has cancer and she is worried and told me so. They moved the surgery up. I did get some soft food that my little baby loves and surprisingly she ate it so I was happy. I had to force the meds down her throat though. Big, Big sigh.

I am besides myself because I just want her to get well and I don't want her to suffer. We are not going to know until we get this tooth out of her and see if she is able to heal. We are past the $600 dollar mark now and another $400 or more for the surgery. We still have other bills to pay yet and we are a little worried about all this. We have talked to the vet and she understands we are doing everything we have to and don't want unnecessary things because we just can't afford it. I would love to test for everything under the sun but just can't.

I pray this will be over one way or another for her soon. All you animal lovers please see the new site for animals that I added today you might be interested as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

Oh Paula, I am soooo sorry for you! I may be frugal but I would spend and spend on my little doggy Chloe, she's part of the family. I understand what you mean, they are there thru thick and thin (No pun on words!) Good luck, be thinking about ya!

Paula July 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Thanks Marilyn!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008