Happy Day after the 4th

>> Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy day after the 4th of July. Hopefully everyone celebrated safely. I pray that some of you had beautiful weather because us mid-western folks had a dreary, humid and somewhat rainy day.

The fire works ceased around midnight here and the house is quiet as I take some time to catch up on the computer.

I along with my daughter went to see my sister in Detroit, MI. It was lovely to get away however the weather was awful and we both got very sick with head colds, coughing, wheezing and more. We ended up driving home in the middle of the night because my daughter was really ill and I just wanted to get her home. We have slept for two days straight other then a few hours up ...now don't you know it... I am wide awake!

I have been watching a marathon, "Cleaning House," on TLC channel pretty much all afternoon and evening and it makes me want to clean my house real bad! I did a bit in my living room and it wiped me out.

I look forward to starting my final class on Monday (six week course) and celebrating with a big graduation party. I am not overly planning on being frugal but will pinch things here and there. I want to enjoy this party and so will probably purchase a lot of the food pre-made. I never do that but this time it will make things easier, give me more time to have fun and less things to worry about getting ready. I will pinch some pennies on the decorations and such to cut back costs a bit.

I saw this great article in Woman's day on saving five dollar bills. Basically it said that anytime you had a five dollar bill you put it in a jar and when you go to the bank you put it into a special saving fund. I think this sounds like a great idea. I plan to begin this saving technique tomorrow. I will keep a running tab of it on my side bar and see how much I can save over a whole year. Then I can pay off bills or take a vacation or just about anything.

Well that is about it for now. I can't wait to get at my coupons and get to saving some money again. I look forward to restocking my house and getting back to a semi budget.


1 comments:

Tatersmama July 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

I hope you and your daughter are feeling better by now... and you're back to sleeping properly!

Hey, I say go for the convenience when it comes to your party, because you've already got enough on your plate and the whole point of a party is to enjoy yourself, right?

I save all my 1 and 2 dollar coins, and let me tell you, they add up fast! Five dollar bills would add up sooo quickly, and then you can spoil yourself... because you deserve it!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008