Walgreen's 101: Register Rewards

>> Thursday, June 4, 2009

I had a question on the register rewards at Walgreen's. The question was, "Can you use a R.R to buy the same item?" That answer is yes you can use the RR to buy same thing....however...you knew there had to be one...if you use a RR to buy something that is supposed to pop out another RR you will not get that RR. (awhile back they had an Irish springs promotion that was messing up and spitting out RR when you used the RR it was great! :)

That is why I was a little put off when I bought the dryer and got the $10 RR. I should have kept that RR. Then when I bought the next dryer again I should have just paid for it and kept the RR that popped out but I was not thinking and the lady asked me if I wanted to use my previous RR and I said yes. So it did take off that $10 RR but I did not get another one because I used that one at the purchase.

So I would have paid out 12.99 x 2 = 26 plus tax and I would have gotten back $20 RR having really only pd $6 bucks plus tax for the dryers. However, me being me got all turned upside down pd $12.99 plus tax for the first one and got the 10 bucks back which I used and paid 2.99 plus tax for the other = $16 plus tax and no other RR. SEE why I was mad at myself?

Hopefully this helps explain it more.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Actually, I have been leery of Walgreens because I had so many problems with them when they were doing the gift cards. I'm thinking about starting up again and following you is exactly what I need! Thank you.

Paula June 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

I too have had issues with walgreens but sometimes the deals are just to good to pass up.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008