Veggies oh my!

>> Friday, May 15, 2009

I went to a local market to get my veggies to plant and some flowers. It is so much cheaper there, I got a flat of veggies for $9 that is about 48 plants (I think). These are plants that are already started and growing well. I got several different tomato plants because I want to freeze a lot of tomatoes this year for winter cooking.

I also got squash which I don't really eat but thought I would give it a try. I got an eggplant, never had it so will give that one a whirl too. I bought peppers, and some onions to cook with and freeze. I got two more blueberry bushes to plant. I love those! And lots of other stuff. My family are not veggies eaters so I will be growing, freezing and disguising a lot of my veggies in the foods we eat. I have been reading bunches about baking, cooking and hiding veggies.

Next year I would like to expand out and but I am going to try to keep things a little simpler for myself this year. This summer/Fall, I will build up my lasagna planting areas and next spring have a little easier time planting, as well as planning during the winter for my areas.

I am home, still sick and coughing but I want to go get some air and get started...the only problem the looming clouds, and thunder storms rolling my way. So I guess the planting will wait until tomorrow and the bedroom cleaning is going to happen today. Everyone is still sick but we got to keep moving even if it is a little at a time. This flu is hitting everyone hard this year.

3 comments:

Denise May 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

those are great prices...what store did you go to??

Paula May 15, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Went to shelton's. Got a flat of marigolds for 8 bucks too. And the blueberrys were 4.49 each good looking ones too. Yummy. I wanted to plant so bad today until it started to poor.

Tatersmama May 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

It's going to look good once you get the planting all done... and those are great prices on the veggie plants!
I hope you'll share photos...*hint hint*

Yep, the falafel thing is true.... I SWEAR!
You should hear how the Old Guy pronounces psorisis!
Sore-ROAR-a-cyst!!!

One of these days, I'll do a post on his funny and oh-so-cute pronounciations...
You would LYAO!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008