Aches, Pains and Garden

>> Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yesterday was a wonderful day here in Northern Indiana. It wasn't too warm, there was a breeze and plenty of sunshine. Perfect weather for me to start on some yard work and get my garden, flower beds up to par.

Fast forward to this morning...I can't move without aches, pains and moaning. I spent the majority of the day outside. First I push mowed my front yard. It is a good size yard. I needed the grass clippings. Then I put down wet paper, grass clippings and mulch on my flower beds in the front yard. I planted some containers with lettuce, cherry tomatoes and peas. I used the lasagna gardening method for the containers. I also got my prepared lasagna garden planted with lettuce, cauliflower and cucs. This method was so easy to plant, no digging, just push the mulch bedding aside and put the plant in the hole, cover and water.

I have much more to do put that will have to wait for another day (one where I can move). I admit that the lasagna gardening does take some initial work but I see the value of what I have accomplished so far. The weeds will be under control. My watering will be cut in half and the gardens will be already for me come spring next year. This is worth it to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous May 3, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

Paula, thanks for the sidebar! You rock!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008