My Second Time Making Sourdough Bread & Brownies

>> Saturday, March 14, 2009







I am a lot happier with my attempts at bread baking this time. I followed the directions, let it rise over night, set the timer to knead and it came out a lot better. The dough was easier to manage and I did not need to add any flour to the mixture. My brownies came out great too and tasted good however they are more cake like and some people don't care for that, I love it. I made a double batch of sourdough bread so I used several different options for baking. To bake one I used the new silicone baking pan (by far the was the best, baked the best and the crust was perfect), I also used a baking stone for a round loaf and a cookie sheet for two oblong loaves which turned out OK as well. The baking stone gets too hot I think. I am learning little tricks as I go. Hopefully the pictures show some justice to my baking efforts this weekend. The first picture shows the two loaves on the cookie sheet I just shaped as oblongs and the other is the one that came out of the silicone bake ware.

2 comments:

Tatersmama March 14, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Yummmm... they all look so good!
I can't get decent sourdough bread in this country, so I'm going to attempt to make my own, using your recommendations!
Does this recipe have the rich sourdough taste?

Denise March 14, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

I can't wait to get my starter from you this week!!!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008