Making Sourdough Bread: Day Three

>> Monday, March 2, 2009

My starter appears to be doing well. I have a few bubbles (like two bubbles). I have fed it 1/2C flour and 1/2C warm water today after throwing away 1/2 the mixture first.

Now is the waiting period, you could be seeing a lot of bubbling, or seeing nothing at all it depends on the warmth and conditions of the starter. If you are seeing any bubbles or puffing it is going good. If you are seeing nothing at all it is ok too this is a waiting period. If you are seeing a frothing then it is ready and you can proceed to the next step (which I won't write about until tomorrow so just feed it again until you get the next step).

Happy Sourdoughing!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008