I am not a nurse

>> Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am not a nurse. I am a very empathetic person, I love people and I always try to take care of those I love even those I don't know. I bought some pregnant woman grapes at the aldi the other day...but I am not a nurse and dealing with things like urine, and vomit just don't make my day any easier. I feel bad about this, I feel like I should not run gagging from the room when ever smells hit me or I see phlegm coming my way. My poor father in law...he gets the hiccups when he eats sometimes and then it forces whatever food/drink he has up and all I could do was throw some paper towels his way, go get a trash bag and keep giving him towels as I routinely left the room to gag. We finally got his stomach settled and my stomach settled and after a half hour tried to eat again. My food didn't look as good as when I started.

Anyway we had to get him in the bath which he hates and while my husband was doing that I had to put the blanket and pillow in the wash and then...........I had to go clean the couch. (Big, deep sigh)

So now father in law is tucked in, my husband is exhausted from a 12 hour at work and I am in the bedroom because I have no couch to sit on and I am mentally exhausted too. This is tough and I think my father in law is really sad too.

3 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Paula, I know how you feel, but there is help out there. Please let me know if your father-in-law is low income and maybe I can email you some resources. Their are people out there who will help you especially if low income.

Janet February 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

Paula, Hang in there! You know you have to take care of me when I have problems!!! Let's get together-I haven't seen you or San for a while.

Janet

Paula February 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Marilyn, my father in law does have money and we are looking into finding him a place but we are waiting for some tests to come back from the doc. before we make a choice on where he goes. Most times he is just fine and I don't have a problem it is just the body fluids that get to me.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008