Day One DETOX Diet

>> Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My friend Denise convinced me I need to detox and get on with the dieting. It wasn't really hard to convince me because the past two weeks has been a free for all with eating and with the stress and everything going on in my life. But I need to learn to eat better through the stress in order to maintain energy and feel better not worse.

The detox starts day one with drinking lemon and water only. Those that are sick or weak should not do this step. I started out ok but I am weak...not weak in body just mind. No actually I get low blood sugar and don't feel well and after talking to my husband who really wanted me to eat a little something from the plan I decided I would eat a bit but only the things on the plan. SO there Denise you are better then me, I can't just drink water for a day...something is wrong with me.

I went to the local market and I spent (a lot and I do mean no coupon a lot of money) on getting the items I wanted for the plan. The next two weeks you can eat all the fruit, veggies you want with a few limits along with good for you oils, and brown rice. I got some great veggies, and fruits I wanted. I also got some great 100% fruit juices to use for smoothies.

I am a carb freak and I think I am going to be able to trick my system with the brown rice and brown rice pasta. Yes there are several different varieties of brown rice to choose from and I got some rice pasta. I also got Quinoa (called KEEN wa). I made myself some of this today. I took mushrooms, carrots, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower and sauted that in pure oil oil with a bit of roasted garlic red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup Quinoa and one cup low sodium chicken broth. It was totally delish and I felt really good about eating it. I think my body said, "hey what the heck is going on...this is good stuff."

I will post a bit more later on the plan and other things I purchased. Right now I am off to puppy class with my little sweetie pie.

2 comments:

Anonymous February 18, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Keep it up, please post the diet or email it to me at mjjaegly@yahoo.com, my diet hasn't been too good lately too!

Simplelivin' February 19, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

There's nothing wrong with you only being able to drink water for a day. Your body needs food and it's not good to deprive it!

You have to be careful with some detox, because if you don't eat enough, your body will go into ketosis, because it thinks it's starving and under mind all your efforts in the detox.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008