My shoulders are heavy

>> Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today, I had two clients cancel on me so I went to the grocery store to get some things for my father in law. I didn't worry about sales or coupons, I just wanted to get the things that I needed. I got him an entire new bed set, I don't think he has ever owned one. I got him a sports bottle with a straw thought that would help him keep liquids near the bed. I got some easy to prepare foods (on our part to put together for him quickly). I also got some pure juices, cheese and crackers and a few other things that I can put near his bed to keep on hand.

I went over there about noon and as I walked in I noticed he was dressed and then the cold hit me and I really looked at him. He was shivering and shaking uncontrollably. The furnace had broke. I asked him why he did not call us and he said he tried but the phone was broke. (big sigh...) the phone is not broke he couldn't remember how to Dial the numbers. I got him in his coat and grabbed a few things to take with us to my house.

Ok...another big sigh.....my brother in law is fixing as I type but I told him he needs to stay here for a few days. I can get him to bathe, I washed some clothes and his old coat and I got him to eat two scrambled eggs and a piece of toast. He would have licked the plate had he remembered how...yes I had to remind him how to hold the plate, how to pick up the toast, not kidding here. Some major decisions need to be made. In the mean time if we have him out of the house we can go over there (my daughter can stay with him) and clean that house out.

I am already tired.

3 comments:

Denise January 29, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Paula I am so sorry.. If you need ANYTHING call me!..It is a good thing he is at your house for a few days...he will get some much needed nourishment.

Unknown January 29, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

So sorry to hear this, my grandma lived the last few years of her life alone and it was really rough on my mom who live 800 miles away, meanwhile my aunt and uncle lived on the same street and barely helped out. You post struck a chord with me and I hope you can get things figured out! ((HUGS))

Lisa January 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

Paula,

One day at a time. Remember not to take this on by yourself. Make sure you family helps you!

YOU are an angel girl!!!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008