Baking, Baking, Baking

>> Saturday, November 15, 2008





Now that I have organized my kitchen, I found lots of things that have an expiration date coming up so I need to bake, eat and freeze. I have some delish dates I bought this summer that need to be used in the next few months so I think I will go with this recipe first. I found this recipe and will try it out tomorrow.

Makes 24 cookies
Ingredients1 1/4 cups all-purpose 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup unsalted butter, softened 1 cup brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 1/2 cups quick oats 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips

1/2 cups date nuggets (dried date pieces)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add flour mixture and beat until incorporated.4. Using a spatula, stir in quick oats. Then stir in chocolate chips and date nuggets. Drop batter in two tablespoon pieces onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown. The cookies will not spread very much. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days or freeze for up to 3 months (to defrost leave at room temperature overnight).

I usually replace the flour with oat or wheat flour. I also use splenda brown sugar but I am out so will use regular. And I wonder if I could use steel cut oats? I like the texture but not sure yet what I will use.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008