Spotlight On My Readers

>> Thursday, October 23, 2008









I would like to spot light my readers each week with a collection of recipes for Thanksgiving (and we will follow with Christmas). I think the best recipes are those handed down from generations. Does your family have a recipe like this? Do you make a dish everyone always asks for each year? We have a couple of favorites in my family and I will highlight a few of those as well. But I want to hear yours.




I know I am putting the pressure on you all (my readers) but I want to get to know you. I want to hear your stories, and I want all my readers to get new ideas, thoughts and see how other people do something as simple as eat. This is also a great way to learn how each of us save money, how we shop, what we buy and more. I will tell a quick story to show how we are all so culturally different and have different traditions.




I worked at an inner city school for 10 years in special education. My class worked with another to do a Thanksgiving craft project and we had to give foods for the teacher to write on the board that a family would eat. One girl said macaroni and cheese. I remember it clearly because the teacher (who was white) snapped at her, "you don't eat mac & cheese at thanksgiving!" The girl was hurt and confused I believe. She was a black child and they did eat macaroni and cheese. Cultures have different foods, traditions and I love to try new things. I think some of you might be up for a new dish, tradition or tip this year as well.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008