How to Find Catalina Deals by Super Coupon Girl

>> Monday, October 27, 2008



The following blog entry comes from Beeb at Super Coupon Girl. She has been giving us the 101 on catalinas, what they are and now how to find them. If you have never been to her site you might want to check it out. You can find it on my side bar too.
(I made a little super coupon girl. But if you look at her site you will see she is a blonde...I am the red head...smile wishful thinking?)


I live in the midwest area (IN,MI) and our major stores are Meijer, Kroger, a local store called Martins and Walmart. We have some smaller stores and of course many drugstores. I have gotten some catalinas print out at the end of a reciept however I have yet to have seen an advertised sale. I think this type of couponing is 'somewhat' new to some of us.

If you are seeing catalina deals at the stores you use we would love it if you would share where you are from and what the deal was that you got or found. You can do this by posting comments here or I am sure super coupon girl would love to hear as well. I am sure her readers might appreciate a heads up. The more we spread the word the more we can all save.

Thanks Beeb for another lesson in catalinas. You inspire us to be more like Super coupon Girl.

Monday, October 27, 2008 (blog by Super Coupon Girl)

How To Find Catalina Deals

I wrote an article recently explaining what catalinas are and how they work. So now that you know what they are, how can you find these great deals?

Word Of Mouth: The Internet has made it possible for coupon users to share deals like never before. I often see catalina deals posted on websites like Hot Coupon World and Money Saving Mom.

Check Your Sales Circulars: When stores run their own special catalina promotions, they'll advertise it in their sales flier. For example, when Safeway ran its “Summer Savings Rally” a few months ago, they offered various catalina rewards for purchasing participating products. These items were marked in a special section of the weekly ad.

Look For Tags: Sometimes, catalina promotions will be marked in-store. For instance, I first saw the $4 Glade Scented Oil Warmer deal listed on a little tag underneath the product on the shelf.
Hit The Jackpot: Some of my most memorable (and profitable) catalina deals were total accidents that I capitalized on.
As an example, I wrote here about the happy surprise I encountered buying Glade products last month. There's been times when I've bought a product simply because it was free with a coupon, and was further rewarded with a $ off catalina at the checkout. So keep your eyes peeled – you never know what might pop out!

1 comments:

Beeb October 28, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Thanks so much, Paula! I love the little Super Coupon Girl that you made. I've been a redhead in the past so that suits me fine, haha!

My Fred Meyer store is in the same chain as Kroger, and while it runs very different sales I *think* the catalinas are the same at both places - I do know that Kroger runs a lot of catalina deals. I'm not sure what Meijer runs or if Wal-Mart does catalinas.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008