Death

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

Death seems so prominent in the lives of my family and friends this past six months. I don't know if it is because I (we) are getting older so we are seeing more of it or if it is something else.

My friend Jodi had three grandparents and an uncle pass away. My husband lost his grandmother. I lost my grandmother and we just lost a cousin today. My husband's Aunt and Uncle lost two relatives during this time period as well. It just seems like so many deaths.

I understand death comes for a multitude of reasons, old age, sickness, accident. I love that these people whom have passed on are better off then we are here on earth. I pray that someday I will join them in celebrating our Lord. I understand it all...it just seems like a lot of death is all and that makes you think, wonder and hope for more out of life.

I understand love and live in the moment, remember what you have, keep their memories alive and I want to keep all that close. Again it just seems like a lot of death.

I am not overly sad, or morbid or even seeking answers, I just see death ....that's it I guess...we have just been visited by death a lot lately.

1 comments:

Trish January 23, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I can relate. I do think it has to do with age...as we age there are just that more of colleagues, friends and family which near the ages too where ailments can become more life threatening. I hear you....sigh. The past two years my husband and I have seen 13 deaths in family and friends. You are right, it makes us stop and wisely take account.

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008