What a week..

>> Saturday, November 7, 2009

How is everyone? I have had no time to blog and little time for much else but keeping up with my life. Trying to get back into the swing of things at work, seeing clients, traveling, paperwork, and computer work.

Cleaning out my father in laws house before it falls in has been lots of fun..not. He lived like a hoarder and lots of stuff to go through.

Now the funeral of my husband's grandmother is over my father in law has been well....an ass lately so dealing with those sorts of emotions as well.

I feel overwhelmed by all that is going on in my life right now but trying to stay ahead of the game and get enough sleep, and keep the anxiety at bay.

Working on recipes for Christmas baskets this year and trying to pick out what I want to make, what will be the easiest for baking/making and the most frugal but also fun and yummy. My daughter will help with the baskets this year.

I made a yummy apple cake tonight and just frosted it with a simple homemade cream cheese frosting. I had some apples going soft and didn't want to toss them so this cake was a breeze. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested. The only changes I made was that I doubled the recipe, I used one cup of oat flour and I actually used about 5 1/2 cups of apples because I had them so I tossed them in and it took a little longer to bake but came out moist and yummy. The frosting I just used one brick or cream cheese, I stick of butter, a dash of vanilla and enough powder sugar to make it creamy.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 9, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

Hey, I can relate, I worked 52 hours last week, normally 36hrs, it makes life hectic, and less frugal, congrats though on getting a little work!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008