I walked a 5K

>> Saturday, May 23, 2009

I did go and walk the 5k this morning. It was a perfect day for the walk/run. Not too cool and a slight breeze. My friend, Denise ran the 5K and finished in 40 mins. Way to go Denise. She wanted 39 mins but she did very well and beat her previous time. Next time 39 or less for her. My husband walked with me and thanks to him, I was able to keep up a pretty decent pace. I finished in 1 hour and 6 mins. Not horribly bad for someone as totally out of shape as me. I wasn't last but close to it! Next 5K I will shoot for under an hour. I will say that I am glad I push myself to go and do things like this, to walk when it is uncomfortable for me to do so. At least I haven't given up on myself and thanks to my friends Denise, Jodi (and family) that keep pushing me to at least try. I was really happy to do something with my husband as well.

The walk itself was nice. It was a river walk so we started out at the city plaza, down the street (always fun to walk down the middle of main street) and then across bridges and around the river where it was rippling, leaves swaying in the breeze and ducks everywhere. So for those of you who think you cant do a 5K (walk) I am here to tell you that you can because I am as out of shape as them come and I walked the whole dang thing.

Denise took some pictures so I will have to get those and post them.

4 comments:

Lisa May 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I am so proud of you!! YOu are making such good progress and now I feel even more motivated to get on track for a 5k!!! Yoo Hoo!!

Anonymous May 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Great job Paula!

Denise May 23, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Paula I am so proud of you for doing this. You did an amazing job for this being your first one and actually your first time walking that far. Wow that is amazing. I am so glad you are happy with what you did also. that is the most important thing. When is our next one??????

Tatersmama May 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Good for you, girl! I'm so proud of you for getting out there and just doing it!
I'm making changes myself, and this has inspired me to get out there and make more of an effort!
Thank You!!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008