IKEA Fun and Friends

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009




My friend, Denise and I went shopping at Ikea and had a great time. This was my first trip to Ikea and we didn't have very long to shop but had just enough time to find a great duvet cover and the a quilt that goes in the middle. I love the duvet because I have to wash my cover often ( puppies get on bed) and this way I just have to wash the cover now. The quilts come in different warmth ratings and I got a warmth level 2. When winter comes I can get a warmer quilt. I love it. Purchased a few other small items as well. We are going to go back when we can spend more time and wander. We are from South Bend, Indiana which isn't a hick town but sometimes when we go to other places (like Ikea in Chicago) we are like star struck hillbillies with all the glitter, golden, fun stuff we have never really been around before. Duvet...on my bed...who'd a thunk it? (laughing)

It is very important to remember to have 'girlfriend' time. You make kid time, hubby time and we have to make sure as women we make girlfriend time and self time as well. Our bodies and minds need this release. If you girlfriends give you stress or wear you out it is time for new friends. If you girlfriends make you laugh, cry and laugh again all in the same time frame they are good stress release friends.

Make sure you make time to read, garden, walk, talk to God or yourself, or whatever gives you pleasure for just a bit everyday. Stress is killing us a bit at a time. We are stressed, eat wrong, sleep less, and continue to live in toxic environments so stress relievers are helpful to our health.

1 comments:

Denise April 21, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

It was fun!! Next time Trader Joes!!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008