Making your own Sourdough Bread: Starting Over

>> Friday, March 6, 2009


I have my sourdough bread mixed and sitting to rise...I would be very surprised if it does rise something seems just not right with it.

I went ahead and started another starter with the site I linked below. She recommends you use a bowl not a container. So I got out a ceramic bowl. Use 1/4 C water (she didn't say warm but I used warm water) and 3/8 C of whole grain flour. This equals 6 tablespoons of flour. She talks about weighing your flour but not all of us have that ability. She said it is going to be really thick but mine was a bit more then thick so I added a few more drops of water until I got a thick and not dry mix. Here is what it looks like. Hopefully this one will work. I also think I will order a starter as well to see how that works. Don't get discouraged think of how many cookies, cakes and pies you ruined in the past? This is way cheaper to throw away.

2 comments:

3iNY9uW43 March 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

i'm testing my Enginese(English-Chinese)...

Tatersmama March 6, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

So, did this turn out? I would love to give it a go, but I haven't had much luck in the past.
I'm hoping that you ate the end result!

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008