Love is in the air...

>> Friday, February 13, 2009


Happy VDay everyone. Some of you are mushy, lovey and do little things to show your family and Friends you love them. Some of you do nothing and think Valentine's day is a big joke and then there are the in between people, ME.
I have been married almost 19 years and for more of those years then I can count we were broke, broke, broke and couldn't afford much in the way of Valentines treats. I always gave my daughter little things because my mom always made sure we had some little things on special days. I have a friend I haven't seen in a long time who once told me it is not what they do on special days that show they love you but what they do every day of the year. This is very true and I always try to remember that saying.
Now after all these years we have a little dough we could spend on a nice dinner, a lovers treat or even a night away however we have the most stressed out lives, stroked out father in law, unemployed kids living at home and new puppy crapping all over kinda house going on at home these days.
So I got fresh hamburger for hamburgers, made homemade potato salad that is full of fattening mayo and salt and tomorrow I am going to go get an DQ ice cream cake everyone can enjoy. (I don't do ice cream much but they love it so I thought get them what they love). Tomorrow will be a day of rest, a day for family (after hubby gets home from having to work another Saturday) and maybe a nice nap. That is a good gift right? A nice nap.
So happy Vday to you all whether you are gushy or slightly mushy may your day be filled with peace, candy, diamonds or a nice, peaceful nap.

1 comments:

Denise February 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Nicely done!!
Happy Valentines Day! I love you!
( I'm the mushy one LOL)

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008