Juices, Smoothies, fruit...

>> Monday, December 29, 2008

Next part of my health diet plan. As I stated earlier I am going to design my own diet plan (healthful living plan) and part of that is incorporating new ideas, new concepts and seeing how they work or don't work in my life. In all my attempts at losing weight there has always been the smoothie, juices or my own concoction of a blender smoothie. I love them and for weeks I would use them in the mornings but life gets in the way and something happens and you start skipping your normal blender mix and eventually stop.

One day a week I would like to juice. Now here is the thing...I want to do a fast that is not so restrictive, is healthful, fun and flavorful without the hunger pangs hitting me and making me think I can't make it. This is my diet so I am doing it my way. One day a week I will make healthful juice choices along with raw food choices that will encourage a sort of detox and load up on good old health foods. I am not a vegan or a vegetarian, I just want to make sure at least once a week I am eating a full days worth of good healthful foods.

I do not have a juicer and I am not going to go and get one unless I discover I really like the juicing and would like to take it to the next step. So I will develop the blender juice with fresh and frozen fruits. (We can get these fairly cheap with ads and coupons as well). I will use the blender to make my healthy smoothies, juices and throw in some helpful snacks of whole fruit, nuts and others as I develop what works for me.

I will let you all know how this is working for me, what I will keep, what is not working and what I might change or get rid of as the case may be. The thing I like about my ideas is that I am not putting myself in a box and sealing it shut. I am going to try different ideas, different things during the week and see what is working and what is not. Restrictive diets don't work for me, I could be on the first day of the diet and by lunch have a full out binge because I "feel" deprived.

Anyone else juice? Smoothie maker? I would love to read your thoughts or recipes on this idea.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008