Money Saving Excitement

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is it just me or does anyone else get this giddy high that you want to shout to the world when a good deal sweeps your way? Do you know that glazed look that comes over someones face when you try to share the good feelings and they answer, "yeh, that's good." These types of deals have to be shared with our special friends, you know fellow couponers. I started at Rite Aid. For those of you that don't have a Rite Aid, sorry. Prices there are very high but sales, ad coupons and the rebates are great at the store.

Bought two LoReal facial cleansers @ 5.99
Rebate $5.99 for each (two separate purchases)
out of pocket $.60 in tax

This gave me a happy feeling. Good start to the shopping day. Next was Walgreen's.

Glade plug in gels used b1g1 coupon $1.99 each and $1 rebate
2 Nestle Choc. Chips @1.99 each used 2 $1.50 off coupons
Rice Maker ***Clearance $4.19 I was so thrilled at this grab

Total $14.75
Savings $24.39 ( I know...rice maker I think popped it up)
out of pocket $2. 73 Plus a $1 rebate

This left me pretty high....who needs drugs? I was so giddy with my rice maker...this is a nice big 8 cup steamer so what a deal. Next stop CVS. Didn't have much to get so wasn't expecting much for the trip. First off you have to get the aleve cold medicine at the pharmacy which completely through me off for some reason and I forgot to use my coupon. So that cost is $.99.

2nd Transaction

Excedrin $3.99
2 Hersey xlarge bars @ .99 each
A Clearance Pet Bed 5.99
CVS Beauty Magazine .99 Highly recommend this..lots of coupons

Total 12.95
Saved 16.05
out of Pocket $0.00 (used coupons and ECB)
Got $4.99 in ECB's back

So the giddiness hit me again. I feel like a little kid in a candy store sometimes.

Any good deals this week that made you giddy? Let me know.

I still have a walmart trip to do this evening after class.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008