Do you know what is in your freezer?

>> Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Here is a challenge for you all! I have been thinking about this for awhile, read a few blogs and developed my own system for using what you have in the cupboards and freezer. My big problem is that I go to the store every week see whats on sale buy it and other stuff that looks good and shove it all into any space, I can find. So I went through my freezer and cupboards and wrote down some dinners that would be quick and easy. I put them on the fridge and told my husband there is 12 dinners here and we will pick one each night. Now these are fast, quick and easy dinners.


Those of you with jobs have a hard time as it is with night time. If you have children at home make them help you. They can get the table set, put a ready made salad in a bowl and add whatever veggies you have on hand. If you have teens you can have them get the hamburger cooked and ready for you or the chicken browned in olive oil. Make this a priority that everyone can help with but make it a priority to eat at home, save money and easy on yourself.

Examples of dinners on my list for the week look like this and we cross off the one we ate:

  • Bertolli ready made pasta & french bread (salad if you have on hand)

  • hamburger and Mac & cheese. (I brown meat and then make mac/cheese and put all together) Better then hamburger helper. Use some frozen veggies as a side

  • Tuna or chicken noodle casserole (use canned chicken) veggies, corn bread
Use the tried and true favorites of your family and save the big dinners for weekends. By the time I was 13 I was making dinner every Thursday night for my family. I loved it and so did my mom!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008