Planting the Early Spring Garden

>> Friday, April 2, 2010

I know you are all itching to get out there in that dirt, to get dirty, play around and plant some things. Well you can. Here is a site that outlines some of the things you can plant early. Now be prepared to have to put a little more effort into this Spring garden because if you plant some things that may have to have you cover them if the weather dips too low.

There are some things you can plant and just not worry about, onions, carrots and broccoli. Now in my garden I have a broccoli that is about and inch or so high that is a self starter from last year. I laughed when I saw it the other day. Peas is another good cold starter. The goal here is to plant a few things and spread them out with different start times and perhaps varieties so you get more from your harvest. I won't be planting or doing much gardening until after April 18 when I get back from my Florida trip. Happy gardening everyone.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

My Photos

About This Blog

  © Design By Happy Apple Studios 2008